ANSI Pumps are a type of single-stage end suction centrifugal pump. This type is designed to the ASME B73.1 standard, and each size of this type of pump has identical envelope dimensions for all manufacturers. These pumps are broken down in size into three main groups. Group I covers pump sizes 1.5×1-6 to 3.0×1.5-8. Group II includes pump sizes from 3×2-8 to 6×4-13. And the largest sizes are covered by Group III which are from 6×4-16 to 10×8-17. This dimensional standard among manufacturers for each size of pump is unique with the ANSI chemical pump, and it allows the users to switch brands without affecting piping location, motor attachment, coupling, or bedplate dimensions. This type comes in a wide range of materials depending on the application. In addition to the chemical industry, the ANSI pump is also used in refineries, paper mills, ethanol production and many other process plant environments.
- Materials of construction include CD4, 316SS, Hastelloy, Alloy 20, Fiberglass as well as PTFE and PFA lined mag-drive pumps (ANSI B73.3)
- Flow ranges to 5,000 GPM
- Total Dynamic Head to 750 ft
- Capable of excepting motors to 250 HP depending on application
- Base mounted and close coupled configurations
- Variety of impeller and sealing options to configure a complete pump package suitable for the most demanding applications